You might be surprised to find out that your fingernails paint a pretty good picture of what your health status is.
How can you tell?
Well, you have to know what signs you need to be looking for first.
Doctors are aware of what issues can lead to changes in your fingernails, but you don’t see your doctor all the time so knowing what to look for yourself can be pretty valuable.
Check out how your fingernails are alerting you to possible health problems.
1. Nail Pitting Can Indicate an Autoimmune Condition
You might not give pitted nails a second thought, but you totally should.
Those pits may point to a variety of conditions.
That includes psoriasis, but the autoimmune condition called alopecia areata is something else it can indicate.
Your connective tissue might also be to blame since Reiter’s syndrome also leads to pitting of the nails.
Often, treating the disease can help take care of the nail issue so see your doctor right away if you have pitted fingernails.
- What Can Your Tongue Tell You about Your Health?
- 17 Charts 📊 That Tell You What Your Favorite 🤗 Things Say about You 💬 ...
- 7 Things Your Feet Can Tell You about Your Health ...
- 7 Things Your Fingernails Are Telling You about Your Health ...
- What Does Your Nail Shape Say about You?
- Genius💡Uses for Clear Nail Polish All Practical Girls Will Love 💅 ...